About Me

My photo
I am a student of the wonderful University of Michigan. I study Secondary Education focused in English and my minor is in the TCP as well, only in History. On my time off, I like to watch movies and knit, crochet, needle point, draw and other things crafty in nature, those are the four I do the most though.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Oil Pastel

        Hello again. I have spent the past couple weeks trying to decide which craft I should talk about, and I have decided to do a piece from when I was back in high school. This is an 18x24 oil pastel of Marilyn Monroe that I drew and colored. It took me about a week from start to finish, but the time spent, I think, payed off. With this I only used three different colors/shades; I used black, white, and a pale tan.
       If you are working with oil pastels for the first time I recommend only using a few colors, trying to use too many colors can become a mess on your hands as well as the paper. Blending with oil pastels can either be really easy for you, or can become your worst enemy, my only advise is, if you really enjoy working with this media just keep at it, and eventually it will come to you.
      Again, I will just say that it is best to just have fun with this, using a picture to copy as your own can be fun, or making random patterns or pictures from your mind can also be interesting. I recommend that everyone try this at one point or another in their life, I enjoyed it very much and would have continued if not for money problems. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment